Wednesday, December 07, 2022 05:33 EET
HIV/AIDS - Projects
- 2008-2010 European to arrange an innovative prevention campaign and to exchange good practices-experiences in Europe (SUNFLOWER).
- 1999-2009 Development of a Virology Core laboratory for pediatric HIV infection (funded by National Institutes of Health, USA, subcontract no 2P30AI 36211) in order to support and facilitate multidisciplinary AIDS-related research activities. This includes infrastructure development (administrative, research support services, communication systems), coordination of basic science and clinical investigators, and fostering of new collaborations and educational programs.
- 2006-2007 "Diversity and fitness of maternally transmitted HIV1", funded by Baylor UTH Houston Center for AIDS Research and National Institutes of Health, USA which intend to examine whether the length and extent of glycosylation of the HIV1 envelope V1V2 domain influence its competitive replicative capacity.
- 2002-2004 Pediatric HIV in Romania: A Prognostic Cohort Study of Laboratory Markers funded by Fogarty International Center (grant no. 1RO3TW 05702-01), with the aim of determining the prognostic factors of HIV disease progression and survival in a previously defined cohort of HIV infected teenagers
- 2005-2006- GRANT of the Romanian Academy 107/2006 Evolutive particularities of the HIV1-subtype F- viral envelope, in the evolution of HIV infection, project director : Simona Ruta
- 2005-2007- Reasearch theme of the Romanian Academy- The role of multiple antiretroviral resitence in the therapeutical failure of HIV infected patients – project director Simona Ruta
- 2003-2004- Reasearch theme of the Romanian Academy- The role of CMV and EBV infections in the failure of antireytroviral therapy in patients with AIDS – project director Simona Ruta
- 2001-2003- Reasearch theme of the Romanian Academy- Virological and immunological markers in HIV/AIDS infected patients under HAART – project director Simona Ruta
- 2001-2004- VIASAN GRANT –Cellular factors involved into multiple drug resistance - rational strategies of evaluation and prevention- project director Carmen Diaconu
- 1999- GRANT of the Romanian Academy 460/1999-Rational design and biological evaluation of a new class of anti HIV agents - project director Carmen Diaconu
- 1999-2000 GRANT ANSTI 577/1999 "Study about the alteration of monocytes functions in HIV infection” - project director Gratiela Tardei
- 1999-2000 - GRANT ANSTI 813/1999 – Prevalence of the deletion of 32 bp in the CCR5 coreceptor gene in patients with HIV infection from Romania – correlation with disease progression- project director Gratiela Tardei
- 1999-2000 - GRANT ANSTI 577/1999. Determination of antigenic characteristics of HIV-1 strains in recently infected adults – project director Violeta Chitu
- 1997- GRANT of the Romanian Academy 106/1997- Study over the phagocytes function of the monocytes isolated in PBMC in HIV infected children- project director Gratiela Tardei
- 1998- GRANT of the Romanian Academy 432/1998-Membrane destabilization and fusion as targets in anti HIV therapy - project director Carmen Diaconu
- 1994-1995 - GRANT of the Romanian Academy- The production of ELISA kits in Romania intended for HIV serological screening – project director Simona Ruta